Re: SV: SV: SV: [amibroker] Anyone actually making money?

Jan,

It would be 'merely' a matter of semantics except that we need to be
pedantic about 'words' because they convey meaning (even in trading).

It is important that we understand the meaning of what the other
person is saying (we can call it anything we like as long as we are
clear about the meaning).

Understanding the meaning is very important because of its
transformative power.

The objective of, for example, the 'Short Path' of Zen, is to stop
the chattering monkey of the Lower Mind, quickly (bamboo cane -
WHACK!) to allow the Higher Mind to 'speak'.

You were in Higher Manas, which isn't ConsciousnessNOT but a higher
state of Consciousness.

It is normal to cycle in and out of HigherManas - if we stayed there
it would be like flat-lining our heartbeat - cycling (rhythm) is
fundamental to nature.

The crux of the matter is that the 'Higher Mind', and the 'levels' of
consciousness 'beyond' are so far removed from what we conceive of
as 'mind' i.e thought/the Lower or Concrete Mind that we can't even
conceive of it in our imagination (it is the scientific equivalent of
Dark Matter - how can a galaxy fit in a matchbox - it is beyond
rational explanation).

> , similarly it has been said that when one encounters a >student of
> military strategy that reeks of military strategy, one cannot stand
>the
> smell."

"A Lily that festers, just as bad as a weed does smell" is how my
teacher put that.

What it means is that the Lower Mind continually deceives us by
appropriating everything to itself (rationalising everything away).

Spiritual pride is a well known example of this.

Within the Ashram (spiritual group) the Guru (Master), Teacher
(embodied Guru) and the Chelas (senior students) are 'at one' and
they don't "spare the rod".

That is how this matter is taken care of.

I won't post again but I will contemplate any comments if you care to
make any.

Sorry to hear you have lost contact with your teacher.
That is the wheel.

A Teacher will never come between another Teacher and their accepted
student.

Eastern teachings are very difficult for Westerners to grasp since
they are rooted in their own cultures, which they have seeded for
thousands of years.

Many of us have an affinity for the east (I have Karate behind me and
the lineage of my own school is associated with India) - it is all to
do with avatism.

BTW Fred that was "overall GOOD qualities" - sorry about leaving out
the keyword - it was an oversight.

brian_z *:-)

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jan Malmberg" <jan@xxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Maybe I am mixing things up. I have studied Tao for some while,
although
> unfortunately I have lost the closer touch with the teachings that
I had 3-4
> years ago.
>

> Anyway, the principle of "no mind" is not at all abstract and I do
not
> consider it to be "mindlessness", and I disagree with your views
that what I
> am looking for or should be looking for is intuition.
>

> While studying martial arts more intensely some years ago I attained
> (through certain undisclosed methods) a certain level of awareness
of what
> the Japanese call "sakki" (I hope I remember the spelling) or evil
intent,
> that is, I was suddenly able to detect my opponents moves before
they
> occurred. This detection manifested as a knowledge of time and
space that
> the opponent was projecting intent into.
>

> Simultaneously, as I entered the "no mind"-state, I was
automatically moving
> in the correct way to avoid and counter the opponents moves, even
mentally,
> so that they could not even execute their actions in most
instances. I did
> not achieve total invulnerability though. Also, I do not consider
myself to
> have fully achieved the method, since I was not able to reproduce
the state
> fully at all times.
>

> It is not intuition. It is an automatic process that occurs when I
do not
> resist the supreme natural reaction to incoming information.
Intuition is
> still thought and inspiration. What I am referring to is not
guiding thought
> at any level. I merely perceive. Water has no form, it adapts to the
> container without resistance in the most natural way.
>

> Since trading is a much slower process however, there is more room
for
> allowing intuition and other thoughts, since it is much more
difficult to
> maintain an alpha-like state of mind while watching charts compared
> physical battle, which is what invites danger into the process of
> discretionary trading. The first idea is often the most correct.
>

> However, the above words are only a projection of a part of my very
limited
> understanding of the world. While it may seem that my limited
attainment of
> battle proficiency is noteworthy, it is absolutely nothing compared
to the
> great masters, and my spiritual knowledge and degree of attainment
is far
> below the ancient achieved ones.
>

> To approximately quote the Bushido Shoshinshu:
>
> "When studying the art of military operations, it is important to
fully
> immerse oneself in the subject, and achieve a total understanding of
> warfare, then one has to return ones mind to the state it was before
> studying the art of military operations. Since ancient times it has
been
> noted that there is nothing worse than bean paste that smells like
bean
> paste, similarly it has been said that when one encounters a
student of
> military strategy that reeks of military strategy, one cannot stand
the
> smell."
>

> Best regards / JM
>

>   _____

För
> brian_z111
> Skickat: den 4 augusti 2008 00:29
> Till: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Ämne: Re: SV: SV: [amibroker] Anyone actually making money?
>

> Jan,
>
> 100,000 repetitions indeed!
>
> Quite correct.
>
> However on the subject of 'mindNOT' and Samadhi etc.
>
> There are a lot of misconceptions floating around in the
west/modern
> culture, on these subjects, because of the mis-interpretation of
the
> spiritual tenents of our BROTHERS OF THE EAST by unqualified and
> unauthorised 'teachers'.
>
> There is a dirth of true spiritual teachers in the West, for
reasons
> that I won't go into.
>
> You are mixing up two different principles.
>
> In symbolic terms:
>
> CONSCIOUSNESS wears the CROWN.
> The objective NOT is the subjective ALL (THE LOGOS).
>
> You are confusing the "Son of God" with our "Heavenly Father"
>
> In general Kharma Yoga is the method for the west/modern culture ==
> the SOUL as an active principle == GOOD WORKS
>
> Pragmatically:
>
> Don't be concerned about NoMind - it is not for most of us - a very
> abstract subject beyond the ken of the majority.
>
> NoMind != mindlessness
>
> You can't achieve it because it is not there to be achieved in the
> way that you are conceiving it.
>
> Intuition is what we should be concerned with.
>
> Intuition is not mind reading OR an inferior psychic faculty i.e.
> inferior to the Concete Mind (objective logic).
> It is not the sixth sense, although we experience it as if it is.
> It should be more correctly known as super-rationality.
> It is our higher mind (also know as the Higher Self, the OverSoul,
> The Solar Angel, Abstract Mind, Manas).
> It bridges the gap between Heaven and Earth.
>
> In trading it is most appropriately used along the lines
of 'positive
> thinking', the 'power of the mind', 'untapped levels of
> consciousness' etc which is the popular form of it in the USA where
> it is a pseudo-religion (the reason for that is that it is so
aligned
> to the methods that are appropriate for the times).
>
> These methods are safe to use but it is very unfortunate if the
> admonition to do GOOD WORKS doesn't accompany them.
>
> In your case; you and your trading are working well and if it ain't
> broke don't fix it.
>
> Forget your search for the spiritual Holy Grail of NoMind - that is
> an impossible dream because it doesn't exist.
>
> I wouldn't worry about your personal spiritual welfare - you seem
> be sitting quite pretty.
>
> brian_z *:-)
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com, "Jan
> Malmberg" <jan@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Well, I had 6 years of martial arts training, where I understood
> (but
> > unfortunately not yet attained) the principle of "no-mind" when
> executing
> > tasks. I have also had some limited time as a military
instructor,
> and it
> > became obvious that during patrol and combat, when people fire at
> you
> > (blanks and smoke grenades, but still), there ones who make it
are
> the ones
> > who do not take the time to think.
> >

> > However, ones ability to enter this state of mind is dependent on
> having
> > enough training so that you subconsciously know that you really
do
> not have
> > to think about how to move and shoot properly.
> >

> > Of the Tekki Shodan pattern, the ancient warriors said something
> the
> > effect of "Most patterns require at least 10 000 executions
before
> being
> > mastered. However, you should not even consider demonstrating
Tekki
> [...]
> We
> > are all using both, at different times and places, even those who
> > deny it (there is no such thing as a 100% objective/rational
> person).
> > - a healthy psyche has a good balance and flows between each
> psychic
> > pole in its own season.
> >
> > The main pragmatic points:
> >
> > - we can't bootstrap our subjective mind so we have to turn to
> > mentors for written or oral teaching
> > - some have more aptitude for it than others
> > - I was very priviliged to have some experience in these matters
> long
> > before I started trading (my subjective consciousness/soul was
> > already active and able to express itself in the world) but it
> still
> > took years of pragmatic, practical, objective work to 'program'
the
> > trading mind to match i.e. I had to pass a sufficient number of
> > exams, in the core units, at the 'University of Trading', before
> > could 'enter the trading zone'.
> >
> > In laymans terms, my intuitive mind was functioning but I still
had
> > to go out and tediously train my rational/objective mind, and
learn
> > as many of the objective rules of trading as I could, before the
> > subjective and the objective minds could synchronize in the
trading
> > room.
> >
> > "Give unto Caeser that which is Caesers AND give homage to your
> God".
> >
> > brian_z
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com, "Jan
> > Malmberg" <jan@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I sometimes daytrade using even delayed data for the charts,
and
> > list
> > > compiled list stored in my broker's web application. It works
> > alright. Most
> > > of the time I do short-to-mid-term swing trading. With just the
> 15-
> > min
> > > delayed data. Ok, real-time for the indexes.
> > >

> > > Here's my opinion.
> > >

> > > The three components that determine your success are usually:
> > >
> > > 1. Level of analysis. How good you can produce low-risk entries
> > with a
> > > probable future outcome, which of course is never totally
> possible.
> > > 2. Level of money management. How much you bet on one single
> > trade, how
> > > well you scale in, scale out, set and stick to stop-orders, and
> > more.
> > > 3. Level of spiritual attainment. How much you have attained the
> > > "no-mind" state of the ancient warriors and spiritually
achieved
> > people.
> > > Which means that you fearlessly execute trades while
maintaining a