Re: [amibroker] AmiBroker 5.16.0 BETA released

Tomasz,

Thank you for improving the Say() command.  I have tested all the
modes and they seem to work fine for me.

I have already incorporated it into my trading system.  Using your new
options, I have a function that can say an alert and if it returns a
number over 8 messages waiting to speak, I send it again, but flush
the buffer this time --with so many waiting it must be a program loop
gone mad!  If I am in debug mode, I use an alternate jScript speakIt
command that waits for the text to finish speaking before continuing
the AFL execution.

I now have the best of all worlds for saying alerts.

The faster drawing is a good idea.  I was already doing something like
that in my AFLs by eliminating certain plots when the bar density was
too high which was adding 8 seconds on top of my AFL execution time.
This brought my plot time down to just a few tenths of a second over
the AFL time.  Your improvements brought it down further to just a
tenth of a second more than the AFL execution time.  When the numbers
are this high, it makes a big difference

I was also doing the same thing with switching from candles to bars.
Another thing I do is switch from thick bars to thin bars when the
density is too high.

I have an issue with leaving off too many things in the optimized
plots.  I will send that info through support with screen shots.

Speed is a big issue for me --I do a lot of calculations and plots.
Thank you for working to improve the speed in this beta.

Best regards,
Dennis