[amibroker] Re: How to write a backtest when foreign symbol gives signal

Thank you for your reply. My request is a little more complicated.
Your suggestion would presume that I want to buy if the foreign symbol
rises 1.04 *today.* I want to buy on any day after the symbol hits
1.04. Say the VGY gives a buy signal today by rising 4% since 5 days
ago. The next day it's only 1.02. That doesn't matter. I can keep
buying stocks for days, weeks or months until I get a sell signal. I
want to be able to buy on any day until I get a sell signal and then I
do not want to buy on any day until I get a buy signal. That is why I
was trying to write to a file BULL or BEAR. That file would only be
written if I get a signal and then referred to on subsequent days
until the signal changes. Am I making sense?