[amibroker] Re: Automatically pick a watchlist in an exploration

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your replies.

Ron, I've not heard of the "Fred Tonetti's BatMan" function.  Can you
point me to somewhere that I can get more information on it's uses
and how to use it?

Mike, I run about 15 (EOD) explorations over Australian and US
markets.  When using MetaStock I could highlight my explorations,
click OK a few times, grab a drink and the reports are ready when I
return.

I find individual explorations in AmiBroker to be quicker and have
greater functionality but having to manually select the appropriate
watch list is inconvenient.  If there is a way of automating the
process it would also reduce the possibility of human error and
increase the ease of exploring my systems.

Kind regards

Paul

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike" <sfclimbers@xxx> wrote:

> Could you guys be a little more clear on the problem? What is wrong
> with selecting the watchlist from the filter window
> (click "Define..." button from AA window) then just clicking the
> Explore button?
>
> The Filter feature can be used to run your exploration on any
> watchlist, group, market, etc.
> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/w_filter.html
>
> Mike
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ron Rowland" <rowland@> wrote:
> >
> > I have been wanting that function too, but it is not there.  I
have
> > some explorations/backtests/scans that are specific to a
watchlist
> > and I would like to be able to just execute the exploration AFL
and
> > let it handle everything.
> >
> > I have been using Fred Tonetti's BatMan as a work-around.  It
> allows
> > me to specify a watchlist for any given exploration.
> >
> > It would be much better if we could do it inside the AFL (just
> about
> > all other AA parameters can be), because sometimes the
exploration