[amibroker] PlotShapes inside an array loop!

Having trouble moving  PlotShapes inside a BarCount loop.

Outside the loop the following works fine:

PlotShapes(Buy * shapeUpArrow, colorOrange,0,L,-15);
PlotShapes(IIf(Ref(Buy, -1), shapeStar, shapeNone), colorOrange, 0, BuyPrice, -15);

But for reasons to do with my trading system, I need to move the plotting inside a loop, like below (only pasting relevant sections). It's going crazy, plotting shapes everywhere. Obviously my syntax must be wrong. Any help much appreciated:

for( i = 0; i < BarCount; i++ )
{
    if( inBuy==0 AND Buy[i] )
  {
  inBuy= 1;
  ValueAtBuy = C[i];

  PlotShapes(Buy[i] * shapeUpArrow, colorOrange,0,L[i],-15);
  PlotShapes(IIf(Ref(Buy[i], -1), shapeStar, shapeNone), colorOrange, 0, BuyPrice[i], -15);

}