Re: [amibroker] Re: PlotShapes with Trade Delay Question

Thanks Mike,

This is a great response to a question I was to ask! :-)

Louis

2008/7/30 Mike <sfclimbers@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

The trick is to use Ref(Buy, -1) to recognize a signal at the
previous bar, and then to provide the BuyPrice as the Y coordinate.

I think that you will find that the star is much too large an image
for what you are trying to do. Use a small circle instead as follows:

PlotShapes(IIf(Ref(Buy, -1), shapeSmallCircle, shapeNone),
colorBrightGreen, 0, BuyPrice, 0);

Not sure if you need to use Ref on the BuyPrice too. Experiment and
find out.

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ozzyapeman" <zoopfree@xxx> wrote:

> Hope someone can help with this very basic (maybe dumb) question. I
have
> trade delays set to: SetTradeDelays(1,1,1,1)
>
> Therefore "Buy" is just the buy signal (not entry) and the actual
entry
> price occurs at the next bar over, due to trade delay.
>
> I want to plot an up arrow at the buy signal and a star at the
actual
> entry.
>
> This works for the buy signal:
>
> PlotShapes(Buy * shapeUpArrow, colorOrange);
>
> But what do I replace "?" with, in order to plot at the entry price:
>
> PlotShapes(?,*shapeStar, ColorGreen);
>
> I need to somehow specify "Buy signal plus one bar over" within the
> PlotShapes command, to plot at the entry.