Re: [amibroker] How to enhance Linear Regression Channel Code to plot two previous days

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] How to enhance Linear Regression Channel Code to plot two previous days
  • From: "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:25:39 -0700

You need two pieces of information to find the linear regression:
1. Last point of interest : LinearReg( ARRAY, periods )
2. First point of interest:  LinRegIntercept( ARRAY, periods )

To find LR for 2 days ago use Ref(Close,-2) for Array.

Then use LineArray function to draw the line between the two points.

To get the channel, use the standard error code in the code below.
To extend the channel to today, use the proper parameter on the linearray
function

I have not tested this, so the channel may draw to the current day without
extending.. I am not sure

The ending point: