Re: [amibroker] Re: How to save Metrics in Composites for Individual BTs

Dear TJ and Fred:

Thank you for these suggestions. However, what I am asking for is a simple AFL function in which we can specify the lookback period for the metric in question, nothing more. To observe the difference, you can simply substitute an MA() for the required function, as shown below. When you view the graph, you will see, I think, what I am talking about.

Plot(C,"",1,128);
Plot(MA(C,50),"FixedLookBack",colorRed,1); // the requested solution
Plot(MA(C,BarIndex()),"ExistingNow",colorBlue,1); // TJ's and Fred's solution.

I believe what TJ has suggested, if I am interpreting it correctly, is that I would be running a backtest for each bar in a loop, which would be complex and very slow. Maybe I'm asking the same thing. If so, tell me, and I'll desist. An alternative solution is to use the Walk Forward Individual Backtester to implement a system that uses performance metrics as position score.

BTW, Fred, are you willing to share the complete working code for your 2-line export?

Thank you.

Al V.