[amibroker] Re: Interesting intraday system using Bollinger Bands.

Hi Brian,

>>I don't consider BB as 'PriceAction' trading but that could be a
personal definition.<<

I don't either that's why I said "Bollinger Bands and sound Price Action".

>>I didn't see anything in Teresa's methods that I would consider to
be 'scalping'.<<

I know there is no universally agreed upon definition of scalping but
in common usage it can mean anything from 1 or 2 ticks to 20 ticks or
more. Her 1st profit target is 4 ticks which I consider a scalp.

>>I don't have any use for 'scaling' in or out, simply because I
believe it serves to confuse us by turning one trade into two or more
trades (what is wrong with either of the trades - can't they stand up
on their own?).<<

I don't share your distain for scaling. I find it to be a very
valuable risk management tool. My thinking on this has been greatly
influenced by Joe Ross. In his book "Trading is a Business" (at 15-20
years old it is a bit dated but the principles are still valid), he
recommends trading multiple contracts and taking 1st profit as soon as
you can cover commission cost plus a small profit and move stop on
balance to BE. He is a price action trader and if you are interested
in knowing more about his trading style, some of his free articles are
here:

http://www.trading-naked.com/Articles_and_Reprints.htm

>>I am a big believer in simplicity - when the chips are down our
psychological makeup demands it.<<

I agree and I think Teresa's method is simple, I can see the setups on
a chart with little more than a glance.

Whether or not a trading technique appeals to you or not depends on
your temperament. With good money management and good trade
management, a good trader can make almost any entry method work.

Bill