From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of rijnaars
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 1:24 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: What a Great Ranking Tool

Can anyone help me here which parameters should i adjust for running it on
my watchlists. I don not know where adjustments to my watchlists should be
done if i for instance have a watchlist of 11 tickers where should i adjust
this in the formula?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <ken45140@xxx> wrote:

> Paul Ho has come up with a supurb ranking tool.  I have expanded it
to two
> indicators.  Feel free to expand the code structure to any number of
> indicators.
>
> Possible next step: stick the Tot_Rank values into the OI field for
the
> symbols, then Plot the Ranks for a visual representation of "where
the
> symbol is over time".
>
> The possibilities are endless (or at least enlarged because of
Paul's code
> idea).  Thanks Paul for your creative input.
>
> Ken
>
> //  Ranking_Alt01.afl    KSC    07/05/2008
>
> //  Original code by Paul Ho, Amibroker list 07/05/2008
>
> //  Modifications and expansions by Ken Close 07/05/2008
>

> //  Will ordinal rank every symbol in watchlist for every bar.
>

> mOwnROC = ROC(C, 14);
>
> mOwnRSI = RSIa(C, 14);
>
> mRoc = 0;
>
> mRSI = 0;
>
> list = CategoryGetSymbols(categoryWatchlist, 16);
>
> ROCcount[0] = rocrank[0] = 0;
>
> RSIcount[0] = RSIrank[0] = 0;
>
> for(i = 0; (sym = StrExtract(list, i)) != ""; i++)
>
>   {
>
>    SetForeign(sym);
>
>    mRoc = ROC(C, 14);
>
>    mRSI = RSIa(C, 14);
>
>    RestorePriceArrays();
>
>    n = !IsNull(mRoc);
>
>    m = !IsNull(mRSI);
>
>    roccount += n;
>
>    rsicount += m;
>
>    rocrank = IIf(Nz(mRoc) > mOwnROC, Rocrank + n, rocrank);
>
>    rsirank = IIf(Nz(mRsi) > mOwnRSI, Rsirank + m, rsirank);
>
>    Totrank = rocrank + rsirank;
>
>   }
>
> ROCn = ROC(C, 14);
>
> RSIn = RSIa(C, 14);
>
> Filter = 1;
>
> Buy = Sell = 0;
>
> AddColumn(ROCn, "ROCn",1.2);
>
> AddColumn(RSIn, "RSIn",1.2);
>
> AddColumn(mRoc, "MROC", 1.2);
>
> AddColumn(ROCrank, "ROCRank", 1.0);
>
> AddColumn(RSIrank, "rsirank",1.0);
>
> AddColumn(Totrank, "Totrank", 1.0);
>

> //  To check the sorting, run on a watchlist, then click once on
the date
> column,
>
> //  Then shift click on one of the indicators, ie, RSIn, and you
will see
> the
>
> //  ordinal values in order.

To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to SUPPORT {at}
amibroker.com