[amibroker] Re: Vista and AmiBroker

I have Vista 32 Business Edition and AmiBroker runs just fine - very
fast (and pretty too). I'm not sure what is causing the problem you
are experiencing but I have been happy with Vista after installing
SP1. Before that Vista was a bit flaky but it still ran AmiBroker
fine.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ed Hoopes" <reefbreak_sd@xxx>
wrote:

> I have a < 1 year old (new to me) laptop running AB 5.13 with the
> Vista operating system.
>
> Twice, when I shut down the computer things go very wrong with the
> shutdown hanging and other ??? stuff.  When I re-boot AmiBroker is
> very corrupted, requiring days of re-building things.  I understand
AB
> well enough to fix things - probably in a clumsy way, though.
>
> I have been baffled as to why this is happening  -  but now I have a
> hint - I just went to shut things down and my FireFox browser was
> still running as a zombie process - not visible in the app tray or
in
> the Task Manager Applications tab, but visible in the Process tab.
> When I killed the process, then the shutdown proceeded.  (FireFox
was
> smart enough to prompt me that it was still running and wanted to
know
> what it should do.)
>
> HYPOTHESIS - Maybe AB becomes a zombie and corrupts things when the
OS