Re: [amibroker] Re: Paul Ho: Memory Challenges with Great Ranking Tool

Thinking about using ranking during the day on intraday live data
Running raking through 500 symbols would be very time consuming,
taking a long time to do calculations as each symbol ran through every
other 500 symbols. While this is running the data would also be
updating and your results could very well be nonsense.

My suggestion would be to run this differently using script and the
OLE control. You could run a straight exploration sorting on the
required column, export to a text file, then read off the top ranked
number of symbols on that list. From this just place them into a
watchlist, and run whatever other afl calculations etc to get your
trade signals. I would think that the script could be run every X
minutes from windows, must be some sort of tool that can do this.
I feel this would be much faster than the alternative ranking as you
would only be calculating the indicator values once in a single pass.
Provided your afl where reasonably straightforward your run time could
be less than a minute or 2, or less.

Now as you suggest you only want the previous daily values, then
simply put you run the ranking afl nightly and save the best ranked
symbols to watchlists. Or you sould create composite for each symbol
with the ranked value results in the arrays. Just run your intraday
scans referencing the composites
If you need to automate this, then again use OLE script and set up
windows to run the script at a certain time each day.

--
Cheers
Graham Kav