Re: [amibroker] Quickie: What was the name of that new AFL command to change chart tickers?

Dennis,

I want to step through "all" symbols for two different applications.  There are probably many more possible.

One application is to visit every symbol while the IB SWT is active, to fetch data for every symbol once a day.  There must be a delay between each request to avoid triggering IB's punishing silent treatment when you ask it for too much data.   I wrote a tiny AutoIt script that does this, which I posted a couple months ago.  But it suffers from being wrong occasionally, since there is not a way to predict how the AmiBroker UI controls will be identified.  It also doesn't know whether the data was actually fetched, and sometimes IB will take a long time to reply.  So ideally my script will wait until the latest data has actually been fetched before moving on to the next symbol.
My other application is to run the optimizer on each symbol, one at a time.  I (automatically) save separate optimized parameters for each symbol, and when trading, the script loads the appropriate parameter set.  I have written a much hairier AutoIt script to control the IO optimization process, but this script also suffers from occasional breakdowns. So I would like to control it from within Amibroker itself, if possible.  I'd also like to drive the new custom optimizer engines rather than being dependent on only IO (which, by the way, is doing a heroic job of working around the limitations of the plain exhaustive optimizer).

dan