Re: [amibroker] Re: Sector Analysis

There is a sort function in the library that looks like it could be incorporated into your title.

Bill
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 11:23 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Sector Analysis

I wondered why my post dragged up so much of the past.  Didn't
realize the subject was the same.

In any event, I would love an answer from anyone who can suggest a
sort routine that would allow me to plot the results in descending
order.

I seem to recall there was a posting a couple of years ago which
ranked an entire watchlist and then plotted the "top 4" = but I
cannot locate it again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:

> [...]
> > S4 = Foreign( "XLB", "Close" ) ;
> > S5 = Foreign( "XLE", "Close" ) ;
> > S6 = Foreign( "XLP", "Close" ) ;
> > S7 = Foreign( "XLV", "Close" ) ;
> > S8 = Foreign( "XLU", "Close" ) ;
> > S9 = Foreign( "XLF", "Close" ) ;
> >
> > Period = Param( "Indicator Period", 14, 1, 50 );
> > Plotwhat = ParamList( "Display", "Price|ROC|RSI" );
> >

> > if ( Plotwhat == "Price" )
> > {
> >     S11 = S1;
> >     S12 = S2;
> >     S13 = S3;
> >     S14 = S4;
> >     S15 = S5;
> >     S16 = S6;
> >     S17 = S7;
> >     S18 = S8;
> >     S19 = S9;
> > }
> > else
> >     if ( Plotwhat == "ROC" )
> >     {
> >         S11 = ROC( S1, Period );
> >         S12 = ROC( S2, Period );
> >         S13 = ROC( S3, Period );
> >         S14 = ROC( S4, Period );
> >         S15 = ROC( S5, Period );
> >         S16 = ROC( S6, Period );
> >         S17 = ROC( S7, Period );
> >         S18 = ROC( S8, Period );
> >         S19 = ROC( S9, Period );
> >     }
> >     else
> >     {
> >         S11 = RSIa( S1, Period );
> >         S12 = RSIa( S2, Period );
> >         S13 = RSIa( S3, Period );
> >         S14 = RSIa( S4, Period );
> >         S15 = RSIa( S5, Period );
> >         S16 = RSIa( S6, Period );
> >         S17 = RSIa( S7, Period );
> >         S18 = RSIa( S8, Period );
> >         S19 = RSIa( S9, Period );
> >     }
> >

> > Plot( S11, "", colorBlue, 1 );
> >
> > Plot( S12, "", colorBrightGreen, 1 );
> > Plot( S13, "", colorWhite, 1 );
> > Plot( S14, "", colorAqua, 1 );
> > Plot( S15, "", colorGrey50, 1 );
> > Plot( S16, "", colorYellow, 1 );
> > Plot( S17, "", colorCustom12, 1 );
> > Plot( S18, "", colorLightOrange, 1 );
> > Plot( S19, "", colorRed, 1 );
> >
> > Title = "Market Sectors    =>   " + EncodeColor( colorYellow ) +
> > WriteIf( Plotwhat == "Price", "Close", Plotwhat + "(" + Period
> > + ")" ) + "\n" +
> > EncodeColor( colorBlue ) + "  Consumer Disc        " + WriteVal(
> S11,
> > 1.2 ) + "\n" +
> > EncodeColor( colorBrightGreen ) + "  Technology              " +
> > WriteVal( S12, 1.2 ) + "\n" +
> > EncodeColor( colorWhite ) + "  Industrial                  " +
> > WriteVal( S13, 1.2 ) + "\n" +
> > EncodeColor( colorAqua ) + "  Materials                  " +
> WriteVal
> > ( S14, 1.2 ) + "\n" +
> > EncodeColor( colorGrey50 ) + "  Energy                     " +
> > WriteVal( S15, 1.2 ) + "\n" +
> > EncodeColor( colorYellow ) + "  Consumer Staples    " + WriteVal(
> > S16, 1.2 ) + "\n" +
> > EncodeColor( colorCustom12 ) + "  Health Care             " +
Utilities