Re: [amibroker] Re: Not sure how to create a trigger

All of the versions are similar so try them and see if they do what you want.

Bill
----- Original Message -----
From: tridean34
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 7:42 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Not sure how to create a trigger

Hi Guys,
Many thanks for your replies.

I guess where I was looking was in the wrong spot.

I has assumed that you could create a system in AFL for the purpose
of baktesting that would scan from day one looking for an event, like
oversold condition on an indicator - ie RSI < 30.

Once this 1st event occurred then it would look for a second event.
Like a loop where the system doesn't even know of the second event
until it has found the first one.

Once event 1, and then event 2 takes place, a trade is made. When the
trade finally ends at some exit event, the system goes back to the
start again looking for event 1 (RSI < 30) from the day after the
last trade was exited.

in other words the trade itself is not dependant on event 1, only
event 2, but event 2 IS dependant on event 1 occuring

Are what you all suggesting going to do this?

Many thanks

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike" <sfclimbers@xxx> wrote:

> Graham,
>
> Nicely done. My post would have been better had it
> suggested "...within some predefined period OR since some
meaningful
> event". You captured that perfectly with your code suggestion.
>
> Mike
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@> wrote:
> >
> > try this, assuming interpretation of your description is correct
> >
> > MA5 = MA( C, 5 );
> > MA10 = MA( C, 10 );
> > Buy = Cross( MA5, MA10 ) AND LowsetSince( Cross( MA10, MA5 ),  RSI
> (14) ) < 30;
> >

> > --
> > Cheers
> > Graham Kav
> > AFL Writing Service
> > http://www.aflwriting.com
> >

> > 2008/7/9 Mike <sfclimbers@>:
> > > Also,
> > >
> > > you may want to rethink your logic to be more restrictive. Just
> > > looking to see if the RSI was less than 30 *ever* is not going
> be
> > > very usefull. You might want to adjust your strategy for
trigger1
> > > be RSI < 30 within some predefined time period (e.g. within
last
> 20
> > > bars) giving the following:
> > >
> > > Buy = BarsSince(RSI(14) < 30) < 20
> > > AND Cross(MA(Close, 5), MA(Close, 10));
> > >
> > > If you specifically wanted to measure from the point that the
RSI
> > > *first crossed* below 30 (as opposed to the most recent day at
> which
> > > it was *still* below 30), you would use Cross in the first
> _expression_
> > > too:
> > >
> > > Buy = BarsSince(Cross(30, RSI(14))) < 20
> > > AND Cross(MA(Close, 5), MA(Close, 10));
> > >
> > > Mike
> > >
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <timesarrow@>

> > > 30) > 1 and (moving average condition).