From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Barry Scarborough
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 8:12 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: More on Database Structure and Local Storage

There is a parameter for each symbol, Symbol > Information > Use only local
database, yes or no. But that will only keep the data from being back filled
if set to yes and you may not want to do that. If I read your note right you
want to import the data into AB and then keep it updated from some data
source, maybe FT. If so the parameter has to be set to no.

How did you copy or import the FT data into AB? AB is kind of fussy about
what you put in their database. If you import the data incorrectly it will
blow up every time you try to use the symbol.

What do you want to write into the OI field? When are you trying to write
it?

Barry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <ken45140@xxx> wrote:

> Can someone explain to me how I make the FastTrack database a local
one?

> Background: I have had a FT db for years, with local storage
disabled?  I
> want to write to the OI field and preserve the written data. I
checked
> "Enable Local Storage" but nothing different happened.
>
> Next, I tried to scan all symbols with a simple formula (I
remembered having
> to do that years ago with a TC2000 database that came on a CD--I
thought the
> same kind of step was needed.).   Amibroker got hung on a single
symbol and
> I had to End Program.  AB would lock if I even clicked on this same
symbol.

> Next, I created a new FastTrack database with a different name and
copied
> over the appropriate files to the new DB folder. I enabled Local
Storage
> from the start.  All looked good.  Except that writes to the OI
field in the
> new DB would not save.  I tried the scan all symbols trick again,
and again
> it hung on the same symbol, certainly suggesting my FastTrack data
itself is
> corrupt on that one symbol. (Special updates with the FastTrack data
> designed to correct problems did not seem to change anything.)
>
> My question is how do I get the FastTrack database to be local and
to allow
> writes to the OI field to stick?
> My second question (as I assume I have to have the data in the
Amibroker
> folders and not just in the FastTrack folders for the AB DB to be
local), is
> how do I update the nightly downloads of new data which FastTrack
will stick
> in their own file/folder?
>
> Thomasz, can you help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to SUPPORT {at}
amibroker.com