[amibroker] Re: HELP - Backtest on Minute Data vs Daily

Thanks a bunch Larry and Barry (r u brothers? ;-)

I'm still not clear on Question 3 though. I understand that I can set
trade delays. But what I'm concerned about is that all bars have a high
and low that's pretty far away from the close price. For example, when
you display a Forex chart as candle type, you can see the tall wicks and
tails of the candles, especially on intra-day charts.

I'm trying to understand how purchases are made in the real world vs the
backtester (I have yet to open a brokerage account but will do so soon).
In real trading, will the whipsaw motion or price noise make it hard to
buy or sell at a desired price? Will the actual price one gets tend to
be plus or minus 5-10 pips from what is desired? In the backtester, it
hits a price exactly, since it is operating on historical close prices.
There is no "slippage" so to speak. And since the system I am designing
only makes 5-10 pips per good trade, I'm kind of worried that it won't
work in the real world for the aforementioned reasons.

Posted through Grouply, the better way
to access your Yahoo Groups like this one.
http://www.grouply.com/?code=post