RE: [amibroker] Re: Paul Ho: Memory Challenges with Great Ranking Tool - Corrigendum (?)

Ed:

The RSI and ROC are merely test indicators to try and prove the code
concepts.  Right now, Watchlist size is the key killing factor.  I can do 30
symbols easily, 100 to 150 symbols within a reasonable time (minutes).  400
to 500 symbols (SP-500) take too long (estimated time to complete 1 3/4 to
2+ hours).  Since Thomasz says the code is sorting N * N times, then it is
easy to see why growth in the size of the watchlist is causing such a slow
down.

If I can get something to work reasonably well with more symbols, my
intention is to create a "recipe" of symbols probably numbering in the 8 to
10 range.

> > So when you sum RSI and ROC, I think in most cases RSI will dominate the
ranking.
Since I am using ordinal ranking, I do not think that the relative values of
the indicators have anything to do with "dominating the ranking".  Maybe I
am missing something; please explain further if I am.

Thanks for your response and considering my issue.

Ken