[amibroker] Learning Resources for COM Object Programming

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Learning Resources for COM Object Programming
  • From: "Ken Close" <ken45140@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 11:52:24 -0400

I asked Paul in a recent message to modify a simple COM object code snippit, which stuffs a variable into the OI field, and change it to work on a Watchlist.  A seemingly simple and trite addition, unless you do not know how to use the COM object commands and statements.

The Page in Help titled "Amibroker's OLE Automation Object Model" is precise with definitions and a few examples, but nowhere near to helping me understand how to accomplish something similar on my own.

Can someone point me to some online resources which would be best for getting going with some simple COM Object creation, with rules and examples with which I could walk myself up the learning curve.

Many thanks if you have some good resources to share.

Thanks,

Ken