RE: [amibroker] Pseudo string array added to end of exploration????

Dingo
I think you first have to know how many symbols are in your exploration. that can be done with a loop and categorygetsymbol;
And then you use Static variable to (1) intialise when status("stocknum") == 0, add 1 each time with a new symbol, and when stocknum == no of symbol - 1, then do your "total" thingy, you can only have one row per symbol per addtextcolumn.

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of dingo
Sent: Thursday, 3 July 2008 5:03 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Pseudo string array added to end of exploration????

I'm trying to add a number of rows to the end of an exploration that represent totals via Addcolumn, Addtextcolumn.

I'm building a "pseudo string array" by concatenating the strings into a comma separated string.  The array part comes thru the use of StrExtract( list, item ) where item would be the index.

How can I get the "array" to be emitted one row per string?

Example:

    Sector |  Industry  | Ticker | blah ....

Basic Matrl| Synthetics |   ABC  | blah ....
Basic Matrl| Synthetics |   BCD  | blah ....
Basic Matrl| Synthetics |   CDE  | blah ....
Basic Matrl| Synthetics |  Total | blah ....

where "Total" would be from the "string array".

I can't use Addtotalrows as I want to have subtotals.