From: Howard B
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Buyprice and sellprice...

Hi Louis --

Perhaps write a simple loop?

for (i=0; i<BarCount; i++)
{
  // test to see if there was a Buy on this bar
  // and if there was, adjust BuyPrice
  if (Buy[i] == 1)
  {
    BuyPrice[i] = 1.01*BuyPrice[i];
  }
}

Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Howard

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 9:27 PM, tayamaan <tayamaan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Louis, you now assume your slippage to be 1%, which is a guess
anyways. It differs per situation what your system considers to be
the Buy/Sell Price and what you actually pay or get at the market.
These are still two different things. I wouln't know how to calculate
the real slippage, all you can do is comparing the difference over a
period of time and take some kind of average.

Adrian

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxx> wrote:

> turn off the option of PriceBoundChecking in the Analyser settings
of in the AFL

> SetOption( "PriceBoundChecking", 0 );
>
> --
> Cheers
> Graham Kav
> AFL Writing Service
> http://www.aflwriting.com
>

> 2008/7/2 Louis Préfontaine <rockprog80@xxx>:

> > Hi,
> >
> > But is it possible to set the backtester to consider that the
buyprice was
> > let's say 1% higher than the Close on the bar the trade was made?
> >
> > That's what I tried to do. If it's complicated, I can live with
this (well,
> > I can at least try, since I believe I am still a beginner in
understanding
> > AFL), but I'd need to know if it is possible, and if yes, what
can be a good
> > start...
> >
> > Was I on the right track with
> >
> > SetTradeDelays( 1, 1, 1, 1 );
> > BuyPrice = c*1.01;
> > SellPrice = c*0.99;
> >
> > Cause it does not work at all...
> >
> > Thanks again,
> >
> > Louis
> >
> > 2008/7/1 Graham <kavemanperth@xxx>:

> >> Then you need to set out exactly what you need to do and write
the afl to
> >> match
> >> It is all logical steps
> >> I do it by writing down all the restrictions and possibilities
and
> >> what I need at the end and how I think is best way to achieve
this
> >> ......... in detail. There are no short cuts and can be very
tedious.
> >> I also more often than not write out a flow chart to map all
> >> decisions, inputs, outputs, calculations etc.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Graham Kav
> >> AFL Writing Service