[amibroker] Re: Now Where Can You Find Customer Service Like TJ Provides?

I too was doing walk forward testing back in 1998 (and some of
colleagues in finance a few years before that)... most of this stuff
was done in an 'institutional' context long before it hit the retail
market... So the pattern normally is academic>institutional>retail I
would guess...

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> And I was doing sequential optimization-test cycles over moving
historical window way before that. Back in 1998 I did not know
> that the name is "walk-forward". I did not know that this is big
thing. It was nothing special. So what?

> FYI: Despite your beliefs, the walk-forward was not introduced to AB
community by Fred. It was also
> not the Howard's suggestion that was the first.
>
> Fred joined the list in November 2002 (bought AB about the same time),
> while adding Walk-Forward testing has been suggested on this list by
Thomas Zmuck
> http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/17499  in
May 19, 2002.
> He was the first among AB users who raised this in public.
>
> As you can see from the threads that follow, people were conducting
several walk-forward tests
> in AmiBroker manually since then. The idea has been accepted for
implementation back in September, 2002.
> Same with robustness and other stuff. This came all long ago.
>
> Thomas (from Pattern Explorer) was influencing member of AmiBroker
community
> yet I do not his name mentioned even half as often.
>
> Even if some idea is good it is not always "top priority".
> While automation of Pardo's WF process is nice thing, it is hardly
critical as the same can be obtained manually
> with just few simple steps using AB version even from 1998.
>
> I am pretty tired with this thread as everyone nowadays everyone
claims the ownership of inventions, like this guy

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1958962&highlight=portfolio+backtesting#post1958962

> It is stupid claim, but I bet that some people will belive.
>
> So now I make a claim:  I did NOT invent anything.  How refreshing :-)
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com
Service Like TJ Provides?

>   I really should have said Fred through his IO, has made WF
functionality available in AB way before the official WF functionality
was implemented.