[amibroker] Re: Amibroker x64

Wow.  That is a big performance gain.  I am a bit surprised.  Most 64
bit programs I have worked with, including databases have no
performance gain.  The main advantage to 64bit is the ability to
address more memory in a single process.

Do plugins work at all?  Or, do they just need to be built using
64bit?  I wrote a few myself, just performance hacks, so I can
rebuild them if I need to.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sidhartha70" <sidhartha70@xxx>
wrote:

> http://www.amibroker.com/x64/
>
> Yes, it's about 25% faster... but it doesn't support real time
> feeds... so it's mainly of off-line use or backtesting.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dloyer123" <dloyer123@> wrote:
> >
> > Where can we find the 64bit download?  I did not see it on the
> > download page.
> >
> > Also, is there an advantage to using the 64bit version?  Is it
any
> > faster?
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Sometime in July 2008.
> > > x64 comes only with official releases because very few users
> > actually use 64 bit Windows
> > > (mainly because 64 bit windows are problematic due to lack of
> > drivers for many external hardware).
> > > Also no data vendor as of today offers 64-bit API. Until data
> > vendors catch up with 64 bit technology
> > > using of x64 version is limited to local database only.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Tomasz Janeczko
> > > amibroker.com

DEVLOG: