Re: [amibroker] [OT] Best Quad-Video card for Vista?

Herman wrote:

> If you are running multiple monitors under Vista, would you be willing
> to share which video card you are using?

I never will run Vista. I just don't have any CPU cycles to waste ;-)
But I plan a new hardware setup.

> The computer store suggested two Asus 8500GT PCI-E 16x DVI/VGA --- is
> this any good?

Don't now but I will get a Matrox P690 Plus
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/corpo/products/pseries/p690lppcieplus.php

and two Samsung displays running at 1920 x 1200: a T260
http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=computersperipherals&type=monitors&subtype=lcd&model_cd=LS26TWHSUV/ZA

and a T260HD which is also capable to display TV as PIP (picture in
picture) which is nice for watching news without delay:
http://monitor.samsung.de/produkte/detail2_main.aspx?guid=60beff4a-a960-49cb-b72e-30cf8937acc6

On the US-site of Samsung there is only the the T220HD available at the
moment:
http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=computersperipherals&type=monitors&subtype=lcd&model_cd=LS22TDNSUV/ZA

> I'll be running an Intel CO2 Quad Q6700 (whatever that means) with 4

This one is a little bit outdated and uses an FSB with 266 MHz. Check if
you can get the new Q9450 or Q9550 both with a 333 MHz FSB and an
appropriate motherboard.

Wolfgang