Re: [amibroker] Metastock and Amibroker

Hello,

>Wouldn't that be 16 seconds or 16 * 500 tickers?
That would be true only if you were needing "last tick" for those 500 tickers.
But if you need anything else than last tick, you need to request backfill.
Backfill is by nature much slower due to technological differences
(the backfill server is separate and each backfill query pulls data from
much bigger database that by nature is slower) and is handled on "query-response".
Streaming on the other hand is a multicast protocol (similar to TV "broadcast")
that does not have such overhead as backfill.

How IQFeed decides which 500 tickers?
It is not IQFeed who decides, but rather end-user. If you put 500 tickers into Real-time quote
list this would be it.  If you don't AMiBroker will use 500 most recently used (accessed) tickers.

As to backfilling - you may get holes because you are not using "Wait for backfill" checkbox in AA
and IQFeed is not able to backfill at Automatic Analysis scan speed.
You need to use "wait for backfill" checkbox in automatic analysis window.
That's the only thing you need to do.

And no right-clicking on "force backfill" is not necessary. It is only needed when you specifically
want to erase everything and start from the scratch.

You should really read this part of manual:

Realistically using any data source and any program,
you can not perform real-time scan for more symbols that given data source allows.
If your account allows 500 symbols, you can scan 500 symbols in REAL TIME
If your account allows 1300 symbols, then you can scan 1300 symbols in REAL TIME.

Expecting anything more than your account limit is unrealistic, because backfill is much slower
process and does not allow real-time delivery of 2000+ symbols as you are wishing.
Your expectations are too high. The only source that allows accounts with 2000 streaming symbols is eSignal.

You are free to use any software you wish, but I can safely tell you that you won't be able
to stream 8000 symbols in real time using consumer-level internet-based data vendors.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com