[amibroker] Re: Problems with Global Layouts on different databases

Thanks Steve. I think that may be the problem I'm experiencing.

Question... You have two instances of AmiBroker open on different
databases... Lets pretend you create two new layouts on each instance
of amibroker... you create new blank charts and panes etc. Is it
possible that the two instances could create the same chart ID's and
you end up 'sharing' charts...? Or does AB have some kind of checking
to avoid this...?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxx> wrote:

> I believe it is based on the Chart ID ( bring up Param dialog, click on
> "Axis" tab, see chart ID at the bottom ).  If you change a chart,
the change
> will be applied to all charts with the same ID. If you save a layout
under a
> different name, the 2 layouts willl share the same charts ( all
identical
> chart ID's ) and any changes will be reflected in both layouts. I
keep the
> default layout full of only blank panes and copy that whenever I
want to
> start a new layout. Then I add new charts so they won't share their
ID's