From: Doji
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2008 11:17 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Possible Problem with Walk-Forward and Custom Metrics

Take it easy, TJ. :-P

Tomasz Janeczko wrote:

Hello,

I hate when threads are being hijacked like this and things that have nothing to do with the original thread are started to be
discussed.

But I have to address two things mentioned:

Fred> This sort of thing has been a known issue for a long time .

NO IT IS NOT.

Fred> It has an effect on exporting comma delimited files .

NO it DOES NOT HAVE effect on exporting CSV files.
TRY Before writing. I did
Simple exploration:

Filter=1;
AddColumn(V, "V" );

Now run Explore, press File->Export button and export to CSV.
The result?

Visually there ARE separators in the AA, but in the EXPORT FILE there are
NO thousands separators (they are REMOVED).

Fred> As does checking boxes like . Settings / Report / Old Backtester / Formula . which then precedes to include the formula into
the exported file.

What the hell this has to do with thousand separator ?
If someone decides that he/she wants the formula to be included in the exported file, what is wrong when the function actually
does what is intended to do.

I agree that the problem with WF when metrics value > 1000 *and* thousand separator is defined
needs fixing (and it will be fixed soon), but claims that thousand separator causes problems elsewhere are simply false.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com