RE: [amibroker] Re: RSI - calculating an exit

This is fine but it is of course indicator specific …

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of droskill
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:01 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: RSI - calculating an exit

I found this as well via a friend from Tomasz himself:

////////////////////////////////
// Reverse Engineer RSI
////////////////////////////////
Value = Param("RSI value", 39.82, 1, 100, 0.1 );
WildPer = Param("Time periods", 14, 1, 100 );
ExpPer = 2 * WildPer - 1;
AUC = EMA( Max( C - Ref( C, -1 ), 0 ), ExpPer );
ADC = EMA( Max( Ref( C, -1 ) - C, 0 ), ExpPer );
x = (WildPer - 1) * ( ADC * Value / (100-Value) - AUC);
RevEngRSI = IIf( x >= 0, C + x, C + x * (100-Value)/Value );
Plot( Close, Date()+", Close ", colorBlack, styleCandle );
Plot( RevEngRSI,
"Reverse Eng. RSI( "+WriteVal(WildPer,1.0)+", "+
WriteVal(Value, 1.2)+" )",
colorGreen );

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxx> wrote:

> Oh BTW ( this is getting to be a habit 8 - )...you don't really
need to run
> it throught the explorer every time - for my own convenience I have
removed
> all the AddColumn's and just added Needed Array ( P1/Mult ) to the
Title of
> my charts.
>
> Steve

I'd like

> >> ------------------------------------
> >>
> >> Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.
> >>
> >> To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
> >> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
> >>
> >> For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check DEVLOG:
> >> http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/
> >>
> >> For other support material please check also:
> >> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
> >> Yahoo! Groups Links

> > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> > http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/