[amibroker] Re: Creating "period" arrays for built-in averages

Well Steve, again it all depends on how you are trading... that kind
of defines what makes sense as a 'period' if you like.

The first thing that popped into my mind when I read your post was
using something like John Ehler's digital signal processing techniques
to define somekind of 'dominant market cycle period'...

Are you familiar with Ehler's stuff...?? www.mesasoftware.com
John's pretty open about the techniques he uses and buying his
software is really only for the 'bone idle'... you can work it all out
yourself. He lists EasyLanguge code to calculate dominant cycle
periods in a couple of his books... 'rocket science for traders' and '
cybernetic analysis for stocks and futures'...

Do send me a message if you want or need further info.

Yours

Rob