[amibroker] Creating "period" arrays for built-in averages

Hi - I see that most of AB's built-in moving averages will take an array for the Periods arg. I imagine a typical use of this might be to calculate some array based on momentum, volatility, whatever, then convert that to an array representing suitable periods that these functions can use? There are many indicators/oscillators etc that try to measure momo/volatility - my question is, what would be some good measures to use, and then some good methods of converting these different arrays to an array of periods suitable for use in MA(), DEMA(), etc? Are there other/better ways to arrive at an array of "periods"?  Of course if anyone is doing this and has an example they could post, I would be very grateful. Thanks for any help!

Steve