From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of sidhartha70
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 5:44 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Tomasz... a suggestion.

Hi Tomasz,

I'm pretty new to AmiBroker... but I think it's a fabulous piece of
software. Congrats.

I have however come across what seems a limitation for the way I wish
to use the system (and perhaps others). As such I wanted to highlight
it and maybe it could somehow be added to the AB 'wish list' for the
future...

I look at a lot of tick charts because in my experience they capture
market cycles more cleanly. As an example for this post, lets say I'm
looking at 200 tick chart of the YM... in an active market 200 ticks
of the YM is something like 30-40 seconds worth of data.

The unique feature of viewing instruments under 'tick' charts is that
different instruments clearly have different 'resolutions' of tick
data. This becomes apparent when you are looking at market breadth
indicators like the TRIN (which actually feeds a 'tick' every 5
seconds I believe).

So if trying to plot on the same chart instruments with vastly
different tick resolutions, you invarably lose a huge amount of data.
If the YM is your based instrument in the chart, 200 tick, and you
plot the TRIN on the same chart you lose masses of data in the TRIN
which tries to plot at 200 ticks (which equates to 16.67 min of data).

My request for the wish list is to add some kind of functionaility
such that users may choose to match a secondary instrument plotted on
a tick chart to the 'bar times plotted' by the tick chart for the
primary instrument. If that makes sense!!!

i.e. the secondary instrument doesn't try to match tick's... it tries
to match bar times as they are plotted by the primary instrument.

Love to hear your views on this one.

Many Thanks