[amibroker] Re: ParamDate help needed.

Hi Steve,
Thanks for this code. It has solved a problem I have been working on
for some time.
I have now been able, by using the Parameter box, to set Start and
Finish Dates. Coding the Equity stats into the Chart Title provides
me with a simple form of backtest in an Indicator.
Peter

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxx> wrote:

> Hi - You can try something like this. Untested...
>
> StartDate = ParamDate( "Start Date", Date() );
> DateBar = ValueWhen( DateNum() == StartDate, BarIndex() );
> ArrowBar = DateBar + 3;
> PlotShapes( IIF( ArrowBar == BarIndex(), ShapeUpArrow, ShapeNone ),
colorGreen );

> Steve

would like to add 3 bars (and/or days) and then plot an arrow below
that date. I am still an absolute beginner in understanding AFL and
programming in general, so my apologies (sort of) if this is
something which should be evident or clearly explained in the manual
and thus barely worth anyone's time.