Re: [amibroker] SKIP>INDEXES and MUTUAL FUNDS

You can utilize the fact that mutual fund symbols are five letters and the fifth is X (or x) which you can find with StrRight() and StrLen().  Index symbols have a character in the first position that depends on the data provider (e.g., $ or ^) which you can find with StrLeft().

Bill

----- Original Message ----- From: Ronald Davis
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2008 2:55 PM
Subject: [amibroker] SKIP>INDEXES and MUTUAL FUNDS

 Dick Hoierman was aware of a METASTOCK exploration called PERFORMANCE, and he graciously shared the Amibroker version of it with us .

This happens to be the VOLUME version of it.

I would like to have it modified so it can be run  my entire Yahoo stocks DATABASE, but I want it to SKIP the INDEXES and MUTUAL FUNDS  so that I find ONLY the volumes of single STOCKS, ETF'S,  MLP'S, REITS,   etc.

Hopefully, an Amerbrokerian on this board can do this.   Thanks Ron D.

MA10=MA(V,10);

MA25=MA(V,25);

MA50=MA(V,50);

MA75=MA(V,75);

MA100=MA(V,100);

//AddTextColumn( FullName(), "FullName" );

AddColumn (MA10, "MA10",1.2);

AddColumn (MA25, "MA25",1.2);

AddColumn (MA50, "MA50",1.2);

AddColumn (MA75, "MA75",1.2);