[amibroker] Re: RC1 telling me my reg has expired

Apologies - let me correct the misunderstanding.  I didn't mean to
imply that I HAD been paying $99 for every 12 months.  But from now
on, according to the website, $99 is the upgrade fee for the next 12
months.  In other words, to stay fully up to date, would cost $99 per
year.  At least, that's how I read the info on the website.

I'm not for one moment trying to imply that Tomasz doesn't deserve the
income - of course he does.  I've been a fervent AmiBroker user, fan,
and recommender for several years and will continue to do so.

It's just that we're starting to get into the realms of the Law of
Diminishing Returns, where the outlay goes up disproportionately to
the amount of new features that I actually need or would use.

I'm still very happy with my v5.09 beta - it does everything I use it
for without a hitch.  So I'll simply keep on using it.

The version numbering is something that I find a little confusing -
I've been involved in computers for over 35 years, and MAJOR upgrades
usually involve an increment in the number to the left of the decimal
point.  Minor upgrades increase the number to the right of the decimal
point.  That has been the de facto standard for version numbering
throughout the IT industry as I've known it since the mid-1970s.
Hence my somewhat befuddled surprise that 5.10 was considered a MAJOR
upgrade.  I'd have called it version 6 if that was the case.  Version
5.10 would normally be seen as an UPDATE rather than an UPGRADE - if
you see what I mean.

Gee - I really hate to be picky - it's not usually like me at all ;)

Hope that has cleared up my statement about paying $99 per year -
referring to the future from now on, rather than the past until now.

Regards,  Pete, Brisbane, Australia.