RE: [amibroker] Re: Dual-core vs. quad-core

Steve, you are probably right. You shouldn't mick around with changing parts. If you're concerned at any stage, you could always call the support guys.

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Dugas
Sent: Thursday, 29 May 2008 5:48 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Dual-core vs. quad-core

Hi Paul, thanks very much for the info. Not really sure what to do...  After reading your post I did a bit more research on this. What I seem to find repeatedly in the forums is that non-techies who bought a stock system ( like me ) report temps very similar to mine, while the techies who built their systems from scratch report lower temps ( more in your range ) because they put in a better cooling system. Paul, going back to CoreTemp for a minute, as I understand it, Intel actually puts the highest safe operating temp for this chip right in the memory of the chip itself ( called Tjunction ), and so CoreTemp actually querries the chip itself to get this Tjuction info, and it is 100 degrees C. If that is the case, then even at 68 degress ( w/ *full* 100% load ) it seems I *should* still have a pretty good margin of safety. Would you agree with this? You know much more about it than me so I would value your opinion...

Also, this is a new computer with a 1-year warrenty. I am thinking that if I start doing things like swapping out the fan, I would probably void the warrenty, and so I am inclined to just run it as is and if it burns up then I should have a valid claim under the warrenty...So far, it does seem to run very well even at these temps....What do you thinik?  Thank you for your advice!

Steve