Re: [amibroker] Re: Convert Metastock indicator with PREV function into AFL

Hello,

No. Ref is NOT the same as PREV.

Prev is usually used for RECURSIVE formulation, therefore LOOP must be used or AMA/AMA2
function

Conversion to loop is pretty straightforward.
1. Create standard loop
2. define temporary variables for PREV "emulation"
3. Re-type the MS line with CC instead of C
and IIF instead of IF,

If((C*.97)>PREV,C*.97,If((C*1.03)<PREV,C*1.03,PREV))

to:

result = 0;

for( i = 1; i < BarCount; i++ )
{
  PREV = result[ i - 1 ];
  CC = C[ i ];
  result[ i ] = IIf( (CC*0.97) > PREV, CC*0.97, IIf((CC*1.03) < PREV, CC*1.03, PREV));
}

It is longer than MS code but... advantage is that it runs 100 times faster.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com