[amibroker] Re: How to attach a file in Wordpress

When we first started with the UKB I tried a lot of options,
including posting directly in code within WordPress.

In the end I was happy with WindowsLiveWriter (you are better off to
go to WP admin >> profile and uncheck "use Visual Editor" and
permanently disable the WP visual editor - it is TinyMCE, which is
used successfully elsewhere, but it was giving us grief in WP).

I am not prone to being cranky but I had more than my share of
wrestling with WP admin and gave it away. Give me WLW anyday.

On the other hand, Tomasz prefers writing code directly into WP and
he doesn't ever have any problems however I had unresolved issues
with entering AFL code directly into the WP HTML editor. Of course,
things might have changed with the new version.

WLW takes around 20 secs to open on my computer cf 5 secs for Word
but AFAIK it is logging onto the UKB and/or 'polling' recent and past
posts. It might have something to do with the way WLW 'backsup" - if
you don't save a local draft it synchs the recent post to the
website - if you have a local draft it syncs to that (perhaps that
takes time when starting up).

Otherwise WLW is about what we would expect from an MS Word like
program.

As I said, the lack of a file attachment feature was the only
complaint I had - can't understand why MS left that out.

Herman likes WLW because he can write in Word and paste into it.

Note some other benefits of WLW:

a) If you save a draft every time, after you post, then you will have
a local backup copy in MyDocs >> MyWeblogPosts as a .wpost file
(assuming you are on a Word machine).

b) It is a lot easier to enter a table via WLW than it is via HTML
editing.

c) WLW has been moved from beta to the MS site where it recieves
autoupdates (for MS machines).

The 'bad' point is that bullets and lists don't work 100% and while
they can be manipulated to look OK at the UKB they are a mess when
they go out on the RSS feed (if you are HTML savvy you could go to
HTML view, in WLW, and manually enter lists etc).

BTW - You did very well getting through the publishing hurdles.
Top marks.

Cheers,

Brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Ho" <paultsho@xxx> wrote:

> Thanks Brian, you have now restored my sanity. When I couldnt upload
> anything today, I thought I was going senile
> and yes i have downloaded the plug-in for WLW, because I couldnt
for the
> life of me work out why I couldnt upload any files on UKB so I was
prepared
> to try anything. WLW seems to be user friendly enough except it
takes ages
> to load.
> Now I am almost ready to post.
> thanks again