From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tomasz Janeczko
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 2:38 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Quad-core test results

"For background, the test was an optimization run on a single ticker, which is how I will be running all my other tests ( ticker was QID, 468 EOD data bars ). All tests used the same code with different param settings, all tests had about 46,000 opt steps."

These tests are irrelevant. Single ticker END OF DAY 468 bars is ONLY 14976 BYTES of memory. That's 14K or 0.014MB. Fits ENTIRELY in on-chip CPU cache.

On ANY CPU (even the most low-end cpu).

The entire discussion was that *SYSTEM* (non-CPU) MEMORY SPEED is the limit

and this applies of course to cases when data did NOT FIT in on-chip memory.

Single-ticker 468 bar optimization is TOO TRIVIAL to be relevant.

Run something serious that requires at least 20MB of RAM so it can't sit in the cache!

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

It has removed 459 spam emails to date.