[amibroker] Re: Different sell signals with position sizing and margin changing for each sig

Hi,

you can customize position size in the backtesting interface.
same for multiple entry etc, I think there is some sample code i the
help or on the amibroker website under custum backtester.
Regarding margin you have to set the general margin as the lowest
possible and then stock by stock or trade by trade implement your
position sizing strategy.

Ly

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Louis Préfontaine" <rockprog80@xxx>
wrote:

> I can hardly believe I am the only one who wants to set different
> positionsizing with each trade, and different exits, and be able to
buy a %
> on the first signal and the remaining on a second signal (if there
is one).
> Or maybe I am so wrong with this strategy...
>
> Louis
>
> 2008/5/15 Louis Préfontaine <rockprog80@xxx>:
>
> > Or maybe someone else can help me with this?
> >
> > Louis
> >
> > 2008/5/15 Louis Préfontaine <rockprog80@xxx>:
> >
> > Hi Graham,
> >>
> >> Thank you very much for your reply.
> >>
> >> I understand that the margin part may be complicated.  But is it
possible
> >> then to adjust the % of equity for each trade if adjusting margin
is not
> >> possible?  (Maybe in future AB version it could be interesting to
be able to
> >> adjust margin to each trade, because been able to have a 33
margin, for
> >> example, doesn't mean one wants to use full margin each time...).
> >>
> >> But what about how to buy 50% of equity on first signal and to be
able to
> >> act on the second one?  I think it should be possible...  I don't
understand
> >> why acting on the first signal makes it impossible to act on the
second.  I
> >> tried using the sigscalein command but it wasn't a success...  Do
you have
> >> something to recommand me on this?  I read the manual and
searched and
> >> experimented but it wasn't successful...
> >>
> >> Thank you
> >>
> >> Louis
> >>
> >> 2008/5/14 Graham <kavemanperth@xxx>:
> >>
> >>   Hi Louis

<amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>, "Louis

<amibroker%40yahoogroups.com><amibroker%