[amibroker] Re: Dual-core vs. quad-core

Tomasz,
I'm sure you've answered this before but I couldn't find it. How do
you best determine AB internal cache size? I see mine is set at
409MB. Other database settings are 10000 symbols (even though I never
have over 200-300 in my database), number of bars to load is 1000,
limiting number of saved quotations isn't checked.

I'm running an Athlon 3200+ processor, Windows XP SP2, and AB 5.09.0.
I have 2GB and rarely use much over half of it. I'm mostly interested
in speed while optimizing formula parameters with Quotes Plus EOD
data using the Intelligent Optimizer (IO). I have one long run on the
weekends that I'd be (very) interested in speeding up

Thanks,
Dan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As for 1) you would do better by increasing AB internal cache in
preferences.

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Disk
> > and then use the Data in the RAM Disk do the compiling. (Only
worth
> > doing if compile a couple of times a day.. It cut down from 16
mins
> > to 11 mins. )
> >
> > 2)  MOVE the Data Folder to another physical drive.  Then perform
the
> > disk defragmenter on the Amibroker Drive a couple of times.  Then
> > MOVE the Data Folder back to the original position.
> >
> > 3)  Chop Down the number of bars in Data Base.
> >

> > The Current system is Intel Core 2 @2.13GHz with 4G RAM.
> >
> > Yet to try is to upgrade the system with RAID4 with 4 Disks and
> > Q9450.
> >
> > Is there any one can comment on the experience with RAID5
system?

> > Best Regards
> > KH Tang
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dennis Brown <see3d@> wrote:
> >>
> >> It also makes me wonder if there is another possibility for
speed
> >> optimization.  I run more than 1 RT chart at the same time to
get
> >> multi-timeframe results that are not possible in a single chart -
-
> > then
> >> pass results between the charts.  It seems as though parallel
> >> processing would be possible between multiple "live" indicator
> > mode
> >> charts.  Maybe I will have to get the 8 core system next time :)
> >>
> >> Best regards,

> > other
> > such

> > Duo