[amibroker] Re: Dual-core vs. quad-core

Interesting result.  It is reasonable to expect newer and future
processors to have even larger caches.  6MB on the E8400

So, there may be an opportunity to get useful work out of the other
cores during long optimization runs.  Maybe large "work units" such
as symbols lists or entire optimization passes to minimize sync
overhead?

That also implies that user formula code could be optimized if we
group array access together, ie use a result right after it is
created, so it can be pulled out of cache, rather than wait until
later in the code.  I will have to try this...

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just run the same code on my relatively new notebook (Core 2 Duo
2GHz (T7250))
> and the loop takes less than 2ns per iteration (3x speedup). So it
looks like the data sits entirely inside the cache.