Re: [amibroker] AA "wait for backfill" -how to sped up the process???

Hello,

You are mixing two completely different things:
streaming with backfilling. Although many sources allows to stream
hundreds of symbols, they usually are not able to BACKFILL
more than very few (sometimes only 1) symbol at a time.
The difference is so big because backfill for ONE symbol
can be several megabytes in size. While streaming is just one quote (few bytes) at a time.

And QuoteTracker does not allow you to backfill more than once at a time.

What you should do is to TURN OFF
"wait for backfill", because once data are backfilled there is no need to backfill
again. So procedure is as follows:
1. BEFORE trading session start just backfill all symbols
2. Turn OFF wait for backfill
3. From now on all scans will take few SECONDS for 60 symbols.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com