[amibroker] Re: Greybeard Topic - Sorting and Ranking Arrays

I'll take a different tact - let me assume you just want to display
the ranking on the screen rather than a backtest - so that's an
Exploration.

Here's quick sample Exploration - I'm not saying there is any value to
these measurements - they are for demonstration only.

MAShort = MA (C,20);
MALong = MA (C,100);
PS = ROC(C,250);
MAps = MA(PS,50); //Do a calculation based on another number

BuySignal = MAShort > MALong;
SellSignal = MAShort < MALong;

Filter = Status("lastbarinrange"); //Filter to only show last bar
AddColumn( BuySignal,"Buy");
AddColumn( SellSignal,"Sell");
AddColumn( C, "Close");
AddColumn( MAShort,"MAShort");
AddColumn( MALong,"MALong");
AddColumn( PS,"PositionScore");
AddColumn( MAps,"MA of PS");
SetSortColumns(-3); //this sets the sorting column

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <ken45140@xxx> wrote:

> It has been fun to search the yahoo archives back to 2002 and see
names of a
> lot of the original folks who got on the Amibroker bandwagon back in the
> early days, many of whom are no longer around (at least not posting like
> they used to).  Boy, how the program has evolved and improved over these
> many years.
>
> I was looking back there in the archives for messages on the Osaka
Plugin
> (which is still on my hard drive since 2002 but which I have never
used).
> Maybe now......
>
> I have a need to take a watchlist and position rank several columns of
> calculations and determine the postion rank of the ticker for that
> calculation; then do the same for another column (calculation), get the
> position rank for that additional column, and then combine the position
> ranking numbers for the columns for each ticker, sort of to get a Master
> ranking parameter.
>
> My question is: what new features in AB might help accomplish this?
 Surely