From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Yuki Taga
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 4:37 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] amiquote lack of control

I use a keyboard automation program (Automate) to do a lot
of routine
tasks, including tasks that must get done when I'm on
vacation.
(When I'm on vacation, it means I don't even log into a
computer for
*any* reason -- in fact, I don't even want to *see* a
computer when
I'm on vacation.)

I also keep a database of selected US indices and symbols
(not
large), that I update with Yahoo (dead-on accuracy is not
necessary).
But with Amiquote, I cannot toggle between 'Current' and
'Historical', because there is no way to do this via the
keyboard.

Unfortunately, some Yahoo symbols have daily data, but no
historical
data.  I like to run 'Current' in the morning (my time), and
'Historical' in the afternoon.  Then I'm covered.

I have asked on more than one occasion that keyboard control
be added
to Amiquote, but it is apparently a very low priority.
However, my
next paid Amibroker upgrade will be an equally low priority
unless
there is a way to accomplish what I feel I need to do.

Anyone?

Yuki

Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.

To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly

For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
DEVLOG: