RE: [amibroker] Re: Fitness Criteria that incorporates Walk Forward Result

While one could if one were so inclined, write most of the factors into a single objective function expressing fitness, I personally find it simpler to specify these things in three types of statements.

-          Fitness

-          Constraints

-          Goals which can result in either a penalty to fitness if not met or a bonus if exceeded

See … http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/2007/08/13/3-io-fitness-goals-and-constraints/

In addition I also want to be able to influence the parameter values that the optimization chooses by being able to penalize fitness for solutions that have overly sensitive parameters.  Without this capability one will only be able to see how sensitive the parameter values are after the fact which in return results in the optimization process being hit or miss in terms of arriving at relatively insensitive parameter values.

See … http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/2007/08/13/4-io-robustness-a-sensitive-subject/