[amibroker] Re: NAAIM Presentation -- How to Build an Effective Trading System

My thanks too for the presentation.
The ETF Selection Code for AB on page 104 of the Powerpoint
presentation shows a specific weekly "system" that could be of
interest to many others on this list, especially those looking for
reliable published code ideas.
The addition of Plot statements -- Price, MA, Shapes, Equity would be
a welcome addition to help the inexperienced visualise the results by
looking at the chart of individual funds/stocks.
Changing the Optimize functions to Param functions also bought a new
dimension to the chart that wasn't obvious to me at first glance.
Peter

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Howard,
>
> Thank you very much for sharing your valuable work.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com
Effective Trading System

> > Greetings all --
> >
> > I was asked in a private email if the presentation I gave at the
NAAIM
> > conference yesterday was available.
> >
> > The title of the talk is "How to Build an Effective Trading
System,
> > and Build Confidence that it will be Profitable."
> >
> > There may be general interest in reading it.  Yes, it is
available as
> > a PowerPoint file.  You can download it here:
> > http://www.blueowlpress.com/NAAIM.html
> >
> > You are welcome to use the information and graphics from
individual
> > slides in emails and other presentations, providing credit is
given to
> > the author and copyright holder, Howard Bandy.  You may post a
link to
> > the download page.  Please do not copy the presentation and
repost or
> > distribute it.
> >
> > There are trading system examples written in AmiBroker in the
> > presentation.  These are for educational purposes only.  They may
be
> > interesting starting points for further development, but that are
not
> > systems that are ready to trade, and they will probably not be
> > profitable as published.  If you do modify and develop these
systems
> > and find interesting results, please post the code and the results
> > back to this forum.
> >
> > Constructive comments and discussion are welcome.
> >
> > The NAAIM conference was very well organized and very valuable.
You