Re: [amibroker] Re: Jake Bernstein Momentum formula

Thirty percent a year, compounded, is an incredible wealth-generating
rate of return.  It doubles money every 2.4 years.  Starting with
just US$50K, you'd have more than 800K in a decade.  Needless to say,
if you could continue just a handful of more years at that rate ...

It is a rate of return however, that few, few, and I mean few people
can sustain.

If anyone can demonstrate 30% a year over any reasonable length of
time (say 8 years, just to throw out a number), that person can
probably make life-changing amounts of money at any number of hedge
funds, and never need to trade for his or her own account again.
Trust me, they are looking for people who can crank out 30 percent a
year consistently.  That doubles money twice as fast as someone who
"merely" (lol) beats the indices by cranking out 15 percent a year.

But if you think it's easy, think again.  Remember that most people
who set out to trade for a living cannot even beat the indices.  So
most people fail to get more than about 10 percent a year long-term.
The number of people who generate 30 percent a year consistently is a
small, small percentage of a large ocean of traders.

If there are more than about 10 people on this list who can document
30 percent CAR going back to May of 2000, I'd be in awe.  But we'll
never know, so I'm only speculating, something I'm not too bad at.
^_^

Yuki