[amibroker] Re: Bloomberg feed to Amibroker anyone?

I cannot see any picture, the same with the original post.

Any chance to post the picture in the Files section?

btw a dedicated plugin covering historical data with Bloomberg would
be much appreciated.

regards,

Paolo

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jerry Gress"
<pleasenospamplease@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Below is from Nov 21, 07, hope  this helps.
>

> Hello,
>

> Bloomberg API is proprietary. In the past we tried to contact
Bloomberg
> staff but they
>
> told us they are busy with work on Tradestation link.
>

> Below is a picture showing DDE configuration for Bloomberg. It was
used by
> one of our customers.
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com
>

> Jerry Gress
>
> Stockton, Ca.
>

>   _____

On Behalf
> Of andre.huwyler@xxx
> Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 6:34 AM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [amibroker] Bloomberg feed to Amibroker anyone?
>

> Hi Paul,
>
> Yes, it is possible to feed real-time data from Bloomberg into
Amibroker
> using the DDE. See:
>
> http://www.amibroker.com/dde.html
>
> Caveat: Back-filling is not possible, i.e. you cannot upload
historical data
> into AB using the DDE.
>
> Two or three years back I wrote a little Visual Basic application
which
> downloaded data from Bloomberg and saved them into an ASCII file.
Those
> ASCII files I then imported into AB. Very tedious, especially the
> maintaining of the database.
>
> I am still looking for a possibility to use the API provided by
Tomasz and