as I understand it.

As you know the

xaProfitStop
xTimeStopPer and
xaReversionValue

can be coded in AFL.

But I believe to include the

xDisasterStop

your associate will have to stick with a loop.
I believe this because it has been often reaffirmed.
[See below]

If your associate can code MetaStock
he/she could most likely understand the loop you have provided,
plug it in for the disaster stop in the future,
and possibly subtract or add sections as needed.

The good news is
[in my experience],
to explore trading methods
the necessity for loops is rare.

directaim

==================

The way I see it, there is a logical problem with trying to do this
with purely array maths. I think it has to be done iteratively using a
loop.

The problem is that you want to create a buy array first, then use
HighestSince(Buy, ...) as part of the definition of the sell array.

What you really mean though is
highest since the buy signal
JUST IMMEDIATELY after the most-recent sell signal,

but with array maths
you can't reference a previous sell signal
during the definition of the sell array.

So you have a Catch-22 in that
you can't remove redundant buy signals
until the sell array has been defined,
but can't define the sell array
with HighestSince(Buy, ...)
while there are redundant buy signals.

Unless array maths is changed to allow iterative definitions, whereby
an array could be defined based on earlier values of the same array in
the same statement, I think you will need to use a loop.

Regards,
GP
In short: RECURSIVE calculations need a FOR loop and [] operator
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/keyword/for.html

"For" loop and array subscript operator [] gives you access
to INDIVIDUAL values.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko