[amibroker] Re: Bloomberg feed to Amibroker anyone?

Hello André,

I was just wondering if you could add to the files section of this
group the Visual Basic script you used to download the data.

It could be useful for any Amibroker users who start using Bloomberg
for historical data.

Cheers,

Simon

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, andre.huwyler@xxx wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Yes, it is possible to feed real-time data from Bloomberg into
Amibroker
> using the DDE. See:
>
> http://www.amibroker.com/dde.html
>
> Caveat: Back-filling is not possible, i.e. you cannot upload historical
> data into AB using the DDE.
>
> Two or three years back I wrote a little Visual Basic application which
> downloaded data from Bloomberg and saved them into an ASCII file. Those
> ASCII files I then imported into AB. Very tedious, especially the
> maintaining of the database.
>
> I am still looking for a possibility to use the API provided by
Tomasz and